High performance glass silicone
- Excellent adhesion on most materials
- Specific smell during vulcanisation
- Resistant to ozone, ultra-violet radiation and temperature extremes
- Resistant to moulding
- High strength
MAKROFLEX GA103 high performance glass silicone is suitable for use across a broad range of applications, specially for all glazing works. It combines excellent resistance to aging, shrinkage, cracking and discoloration. It does not contain solvent.
- Glazing on aluminium frames
- Building and construction joints
- Sealing of windows and doors
- General glazing jobs
- Sealing of aquariums
- Offers good adhesion to a variety of non-porous substrates such as glass, glazed ceramic tiles, aluminium and metal.
The application temperature of the silicone must be at least +20°C. It is recommended to perform jointing at temperatures between +5°C and +40°C. At temperatures lower than +5°C, jointing can only be carried out if the joint faces are free of condensation, snow and ice.
Packaging: 300 ml cartridges
The product quality is preserved unchanged for 18 months after the date of production if stored in a cool (between +5°C and +30 °C), dry place in unopened cartridges.
How to use
If applicable, remove the old sealant cutting it out with a cutter. Then wipe out the remaining marks by using White spirit as helping solvent. The joint should be clean, dry and clear of dirt, loose material and old sealant. Especially greasy surfaces must be cleaned with acetone or MAKROFLEX CLEANER. White spirit can be used for cleaning metal surfaces. Apply masking tape on both sides along the joint in order not to overflow on the adjacent surfaces.
- Place the cartridge into the silicone applicator.
- The tip of the nozzle should be cut off as lant (at about 45 degrees) according to the joint width.
- Apply the adhesive on one of the joint surface by zigzag or small frequent points and wait for 5 minutes.
- Pull trigger to apply sealant into the joint. Ensure sealant is applied evenly and has good contact with both sides of the joint.
- Apply the sealant between 2 adhesive strips, pushing forward to fill the join and make it watertight.
- Smooth sealant with a smoothing tool within 5 minutes. Remove excess sealant immediately with a smoothing tool or your finger dripped in liquid soap (depending on the product).
- Remove the tape before the sealant cures. The seal will be perfectly straight and smooth.
Tools and stained surfaces can be cleaned with white spirit before the sealant is cured.
MAKROFLEX GA103 should not be used:
- For porous substrates such as concrete, stone or marble.
- Do not use on bituminous substrates, substrates based on natural rubber, chloroprene or other synthetic rubber based substrates or on building materials, which might bleed oils, plasticizer or solvents. Do not use in a totally confined space because the sealant requires atmospheric moisture to cure.
- Because acetic acid is released during curing, it can corrode mirror silver and sensitive metals such as copper, brass and lead. It is not recommended for use on submerged joints or in joints where physical abuse or abrasion are likely to occur.
- Is not suitable for food contact applications.