Bitumen based roof sealant
- Excellent adhesion on most materials, including on bituminous surfaces and coated metals
- Easy to apply
- The joint surfaces may be wet
- Tixothrophic mass – no diffusion or dripping
- Asbestos free
MAKROFLEX BA141 roof sealant is bituminous sealant for gluing and reparations surfaces. It is a tixothrophic mass, which adheres well to different construction materials like bitumen surfaces, wood, isolation boards, metal, plastic, concrete etc, and also at lower temperatures and to wet surfaces. It is excellent for quick reparation works of roofs, drainage works, chimneys etc. The hermetic can also be used in greenhouse construction, for packing basements and for other underground packing purposes. The cured sealant is resistant to UV radiation, permanent humidity and abrasion and pressure applied to the surface.
- Sealing of joints between drains and roof elements
- Leak reparation on roof elements, sewage pipes
- Cold adhesive for all types of roofing
- Emergency repairs even during rain
- Connection joints in construction
Packaging: 300 ml cartridges
The product quality is preserved unchanged for 12 months after the date of production if stored in a cool (between +5°C and +25°C), dry place in unopened cartridges.
How to use
If applicable, remove the old sealant cutting it out with a cutter. Then wipe out the remaining marks by using White spirit as helping solvent. The joint surfaces must be free of dust and grease. The surfaces may be wet, but in this case it is recommended to pre-test the tack. Application temperature is between +5°C and +30°C, but room temperature is the best. When packing extensive areas it is recommended to apply the sealant in the form of stripes or spots to accelerate solvent evaporation..
- Place the cartridge into the silicone applicator.
- The tip of the nozzle should be cut offaslant (at about 45 degrees) according to the joint width.
- Apply the adhesive on the one of the joint surface by zigzag or small frequent points and wait for 5 minutes.
- Pull the trigger to apply sealant into the joint. Ensure sealant is applied evenly and has good contact with both sides of the joint.
- Apply the sealant between 2 adhesive strips, pushing forward to fill the join and make it watertight.
- Smooth sealant with a smoothing tool within 5 minutes. Remove excess sealant immediately with a smoothing tool or your finger dripped in liquid soap (depending on the product).
- Remove the tape before the sealant cures. The seal will be perfectly straight and smooth.
Tools and stained surfaces can be cleaned with white spirit before the sealant is cured.
- MAKROFLEX BA141 cannot be painted with paints on a solvent basis.
- Can be used for synthetic materials without softener only.
- Compatibility with extruded polystyrene varies. In this case the BA141 must be put on the surface and never on the polystyrene.
- Contact with mineral oils stiffens the product.