- Very good applicability
- Remains flexible
- Can be painted over
- UV resistance
- Without mineral solvents
- Adheres to moist and absorbent grounds
MAKROFLEX FX130 acrylic sealant is designed for filling cracks and joints both indoors and outdoors. Paint can be applied in about an hour from application, both solvent-based and water-based coatings. It is moisture proof, but it cannot be used for sealing of joints permanently exposed to water. Acrylic sealant can be used for all joints with poor elongation. Adheres well to concrete, brick, wood, plaster tables, colour, varnish and other surfaces as well as for all porous surfaces.
- Sealing of low movement construction joints between brick, concrete, timber etc.
- Filling joints and cracks in ceilings
- For cracks on windowsills and doorposts
- Filling joints of wood, plaster, ceramic elements and for joints in wooden cases and containers
- Smoothing cracked surfaces
Packaging: 300 ml cartridges
The product quality is preserved unchanged for 18 months after the date of production if stored in a cool (between +5°C and +25°C), dry place in unopened cartridges.
How to use
If applicable, remove the old sealant cutting it out with a cutter. Then wipe out the remaining marks by using White spirit as helping solvent. Surfaces to be filled must be clean and dry. Especially greasy surfaces must be cleaned with acetone or MAKROFLEX CLEANER. White spirit can be used for cleaning metal surfaces. If the joint is filled with old sealant, which could make the adhesion poor, the old filling has to be completely removed and the surfaces cleaned. Apply masking tape on both sides along the joint in order not to overflow on the adjacent surfaces.
Note: weather conditions must be suitable to allow development of a substantial skin before exposure to rain.
- Place the cartridge into the silicone applicator.
- The tip of the nozzle should be cut offaslant (at about 45 degrees) according to the joint width.
- Apply the adhesive on the one of the joint surface by zigzag or small frequent points and wait for 5 minutes.
- Pull the trigger to apply sealant into the joint. Ensure sealant is applied evenly and has good contact with both sides of the joint.
- Apply the sealant between 2 adhesive strips, pushing forward to fill the join and make it watertight.
- Smooth sealant with a smoothing tool within 5 minutes. Remove excess sealant immediately with a smoothing tool or your finger dripped in liquid soap (depending on the product).
- Remove the tape before the sealant cures. The seal will be perfectly straight and smooth.
Tools and stained surfaces can be cleaned with white spirit before the sealant is cured.
MAKROFLEX FX130 should not be used for the sealing of joints permanently exposed to water.
The application temperature of MAKROFLEX FX130 must be at least +15°C and jointing can be performed at temperatures exceeding +5°C with the air humidity below 80 percent.