1K polyurethane foam with universal applicator system
- Universal straw and gun application system
- Excellent adhesion on most materials
- High thermal and acoustical insulaton
- Very good filling capabilities
- Accurate dosage
MAKROFLEX 2x2 is universal polyurethane foam featuring innovative combined straw- and gun-adapter, which allows the user to choose the preferred application method to use, depending on the need. Product can be applied up to -10°C temperature. Application comfort is ensured both with a gun and the delivered applicator.
Straw-applicator offers opportunity to use the product already familiar to the user and also for applications, where straw-applicator is more beneficial and effective. In comparison with traditional strawfoams the 2x2 foam ensures improved foam structure and higher yield output due to narrower straw-applicator. Gun-applicator offers more convenience and ergonomic comfort.
The foam is self-expanding and during the curing process expands about 2 to 2.5 times. Has excellent adhesion on most building materials like wood, concrete, stone, metal etc. Product does not contain CFC-propellants.
- Insulating window and door frames
- Filling of cavities
- Sealing of cavities around pipes
- Bonding wood, PVC, etc.
- Application in cold conditions
Application temperature (environment) of this product is -10°C to +30°C. Can has preferably to be stored for at least 12 hours in room temperature. Recomended can temperature: +5…+30 °C.
Best before 12 months. For longest shelf life avoid storage above +25°C and below +5°C (up to – 20°C for a short period).
Packaging: 750/1000 ml
How to use
- Ensure substrates are stable, clean and free of substances likely to impair adhesion.
- Moisturize mineral, porous substrates (brickwork, concrete,limestone) with water spray for enhanced adhesion.
- Mask off adjacent areas with foil.
- Application temperature (environment) of this product is -10°C to +30°C.
- Store can preferably for at least 12 hours in room temperature. Limits for can temperature: +5 … +30 °C.
- Shake the can vigorously before use (15 * 20 times).
Application with the straw
Attach the fixing end of the foaming straw adapter tightly into the slot provided on the gun-adapter by turning the straw 90 ° and pushing the connecting tube-detail firmly onto the valve, avoiding undesirable opening of the valve. A slight click will indicate that the straw tube-connection is properly attached. Dosage of the product can be adjusted by pressing the trigger.
Application with the gun
Screw the can tightly onto the gun. When working with the gun always keep the can upside down. The outflow rate of the foam is controlled by pressing the gun trigger. Dispense the foam sparingly to avoid excess overflows. Repeat shaking regularly during application. It is not recommendable to remove the can before it is totally empty. When replacing the can shake the new can vigorously. Unscrew the empty can and replace it immediately to ensure that there is no air left in the gun.
Limitations to joint maximal width exist in regard of ambient temperature and humidity levels. In dry conditions (during winter time, in rooms with central heating etc.), in order to get best foam structure and foam properties it is recommendable to fill gaps and joints in several layers by the application of smaller foam strings (up to 3 -4 cm thickness) and slightly moisturizing between every layer.